WaterWoo PDF Premium is a WooCommerce extension, and works only alongside WooCommerce, installed on Wordpress.
Waterwoo PDF is licensed under the GNU general public license (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html).
If you need a watermarker that works with Easy Digital Downloads PDFs, check out EDDiMark!
These basic features come also with the free version of this plugin:
- Watermark designated PDF downloads (as specified by you), or *all* PDF downloads from your site
- Files do not need to be in a specific directory
- Watermark can be moved on the page, allowing for different paper sizes (such as letter, A4, legal, etc)
- Watermarks on portrait and landscape-oriented pages
- Watermarks upon click of either the customer’s order confirmation page link or email order confirmation link
- Dynamic customer data inputs using shortcodes for customer first name, last name, email, phone, and order date
- Choice of font face, color, size and placement (horizontal line of text anywhere on the page)
- Supports all versions of Adobe PDF (through 1.7)
- Preserves existing external URL links embedded in the PDF. (Read about limitations with internal links such as Table of Contents and forms. These limitations apply to all PDF watermarking plugins.)
- Translation ready
- Open source code
This premium plugin adds the following capabilities:
- Watermark all PDF files with the same settings OR set individual, totally unique watermarks per product or even per product variation!
- Optionally password protect PDF files. Choose a password, or set buyer’s email as the password, or use a filter hook to create your desired password (phone, zip code… or get creative with your own PHP).
- Optionally prevent copying, annotating, or modifying of your PDF files
- Watermark files stored on remote servers (Amazon S3, Dropbox(support dropped 12/2018), etc)
- Watermark all PDF/paper sizes, not just standard sizes
- Watermark in nearly any font by uploading your own TTF files
- Extended support for stamping in your language (Windows-1252 AND extended characters offered by DejaVu Sans, M Sung [Chinese]and Furat [Arabic]) To see if your language will be watermark-able using DejaVu, view this chart.
- Watermark with png/gif/jpg images (place images in/on PDF files)
- Preserves existing PDF metadata (title, author, creationdate, keywords, subject, and optionally producer [with boolean ‘wwpdf_overwrite_producer’ hook])
- Rotatable transparent page overlay watermark, apart from footer watermark (two watermark locations!)
- Additional text formatting options, such as font color, style (bold, italics, HTML), and alignment (left/right/center)
- Support for RTL (right-to-left) watermarking
- Additional dynamic customer data input using shortcodes: business name, order date plus days/weeks/months/years (could be used for product/license expiration dates), order number, product name, and quantity ordered by product ID (could be used to watermark how many of a specific item was purchased)
- Add a 1D or 2D custom barcode (includes QR codes) to your watermark!
- Begin watermark on selected page of PDF document (to avoid watermarking a cover page, for example)
- Watermark every page, every odd page, or every even page. Watermark the first page only or the last page only.
- Test your watermark and/or manually watermark a file on the fly
- Option to fall back and serve file un-watermarked if watermarking fails, rather than show customer an error
- Built-in event and error logging to help with record-keeping and trouble-shooting
- Localization ready. Comes with Spanish, French, and German translations.
- Compatible with the third-party “Free Downloads WooCommerce” plugin – shoot out watermarked PDFs straight from the product page!
- Excellent customer service
- WordPress 4.9 or newer
- WooCommerce 3.0 or newer (Woo 4.0 compatible!)
- PDF(s). WaterWoo PDF Premium will not work on other types of files like ePub.
- PHP 5.6 or newer (recommended 7.0 or newer, supported to 7.3, tentatively supports 7.4)
- PHP mbstring (multi-byte string) support if using an international font, Deja Vu, M Sung or Furat
- If you are selling large files, have high sales traffic, or choose to encrypt your PDFs using WaterWoo, you may need to upgrade your hosting account. Do at least set your PHP memory limit high.
Limitations of WaterWoo
What is WaterWoo best for? In a few words: simple, smaller-size PDFs
- WaterWoo does not preserve internal links in a PDF such as table of contents
- WaterWoo can not parse or watermark PDF forms
Learn more about these limitations here. As far as we are aware, there is no commercial PDF watermarker for WordPress which preserves internal links. This is due to non-GPL license of Setasign PDF, who offers the only complete PDF parsing library. A separate drop-in plugin called Waterwoo PDF Stamp (which requires SetaPDF Stamper) will preserve internal links and other PDF features, and has better file security. Please check it out!
To watermark sheet music, sewing patterns, customized gift certificates and awards, and pamphlets, WaterWoo is perfect for the job.