Selling PDFs online in a WooCommerce store? Watermark and/or password them with your customer’s information! Protect your intellectual property with customized watermarks. WaterWoo PDF Premium works with WooCommerce installed in Wordpress to process each PDF upon each download, as you specify.
WaterWoo is the most feature-packed plugin of its type on the market. Compare WaterWoo with other watermarking plugins for Wordpress.
PDF File Specification & Pages:
- Supports all versions of Adobe PDF (through 1.7)
- Watermark designated PDF downloads (as specified by you), or all PDF downloads from your site
- Watermarks all PDF/paper sizes, not just standard sizes. Watermark can be moved on the page, allowing for different paper sizes (such as letter, A4, legal, etc)
- Watermarks on portrait and landscape-oriented pages
- Begin watermark on selected page of PDF document (to avoid watermarking a cover page, for example)
- Watermark every page, every odd page, or every even page. Watermark the first page only or the last page only.
- Watermarks upon click of either the customer’s order confirmation page link, email order confirmation link, or account page download link — any time a file is downloaded via WooCommerce.
- Files do not need to be in a specific directory
- Watermark files stored on remote servers (Amazon S3, Dropbox [support dropped 12/2018], etc)
See below for a screenshot of WaterWoo general settings
- Watermark all PDF files with the same settings OR set individual, totally unique watermarks per product or even per product variation!
- Optionally password protect PDF files. Choose a password, or set buyer’s email as the password, or use a filter hook to create your desired password (phone, zip code… or get creative with your own PHP).
- Optionally prevent copying, annotating, or modifying of your PDF files
- Rotatable page overlay watermark, apart from footer watermark (two watermark locations!)
- Dynamic customer data inputs using shortcodes for customer first name, last name, email, phone, business name, order date, order date plus days/weeks/months/years (could be used for product/license expiration dates), order number, product name, and quantity ordered by product ID (could be used to watermark how many of a specific item was purchased)
- Choice of font face, color, size and placement
- Watermark in nearly any font by uploading your own TTF files
- Extended support for stamping in your language (Windows-1252 AND extended characters offered by DejaVu Sans, M Sung [Chinese]and Furat [Arabic]) To see if your language will be watermark-able using DejaVu, view this chart.
- Watermark with png/gif/jpg images (place images in/on PDF files)
- Additional text formatting options, such as font color, style (bold, italics, HTML), and alignment (left/right/center)
- Support for RTL (right-to-left) watermarking
- Preserves existing PDF metadata (title, author, creationdate, keywords, subject, and optionally producer [with boolean ‘wwpdf_overwrite_producer’ hook])
- Preserves existing external URL links embedded in the PDF. (Read about limitations with internal links such as Table of Contents and forms which apply to most watermarking plugins for WordPress.)
- Add a 1D or 2D custom barcode (includes QR codes) to your watermark using WP filter hooks (PHP programming support for this feature not included)
- Test your watermark and/or manually watermark a file on the fly
- Option to fall back and serve file un-watermarked if watermarking fails, rather than show customer an error
- Built-in event and error logging to help with record-keeping and trouble-shooting
- Localization ready. Comes with Spanish, French, and German translations.
- Compatible with the third-party “Free Downloads WooCommerce” plugin – shoot out watermarked PDFs straight from the product page!
- Open source code
- Excellent customer service
- WordPress 4.9 or newer
- WooCommerce 3.0 or newer (Woo 4.0 compatible!)
- PDF(s). WaterWoo PDF Premium will not work on other types of files like ePub.
- PHP 5.6 or newer (recommended 7.0 or newer, supported to 7.3, tentatively supports 7.4)
- PHP mbstring (multi-byte string) support if using an international font, Deja Vu, M Sung or Furat
- If you are selling large files, have high sales traffic, or choose to encrypt your PDFs using WaterWoo, you may need to upgrade your hosting account. Do at least set your PHP memory limit higher (but not too high) and use PHP 7+ Also consider other performance recommendations from TCPDF where they pertain.
What is WaterWoo best for? In a few words: simple, smaller-size PDFs
- WaterWoo does not preserve internal links in a PDF such as table of contents
- WaterWoo can not parse or watermark PDF forms
Let’s be clear: no competitor’s plugin has these features, either. Learn more about these limitations and why they exist.
WaterWoo connects WooCommerce to open source PDF-parsing/writing libraries (TCPDI/TCPDF) and is best for smaller, simple PDFs with no forms or Table of Contents (TOC). If your PDFs have TOC or forms and need stamping, check out WooStamper instead. WooStamper will preserve internal links and other PDF features.
To watermark sheet music, sewing patterns, customized gift certificates and awards, and pamphlets, WaterWoo is perfect for the job.