This PDF Stamper plugin connects WooCommerce to SetaPDF-Stamper by Setasign for reliable stamping/watermarking and password/encryption of your PDFs!
This plugin is similar to WaterWoo PDF Premium in that it works with WooCommerce. Yet it is more reliable and faithful to more PDF files because it uses a better PDF parsing engine (sold separately).
Existing watermarking plugins for WordPress often alter crucial aspects of PDFs while watermarking them. In response to a demand for a watermarker that does not alter a PDF other than to add a mark and/or encrypt, we are offering this plugin. It is most important to understand that this is not a standalone plugin; you must also purchase a license for SetaPDF-Stamper and install that library with PDF Stamper for stamping to occur.
- Both plugins work on top of WordPress and WooCommerce
- Both plugins use customer data collected during checkout for customized watermarks, if desired
- Both plugins allow PDF passwording, encryption and permissions-limiting
- Both plugins allow for watermark text transparency
- This plugin preserves all original functions of your PDF: internal links such as table of contents, forms, etc. Many people need this function so badly they are willing to forego the few extra features of WaterWoo PDF Premium, a plugin which does not preserve internal links.
- This plugin (stamper) requires the purchase of SetaPDF-Stamper in order to stamp PDFs. SetaPDF-Stamper has non-GPL-compatible licensing, and so this plugin absolutely cannot be distributed bundled with Seta per WordPress GNU. Find installation instructions under the “Limitations” tab. If you are able to access your online WP files via FTP, SSH, or cPanel File Manager, then you will be able to install the Setasign package and move forward. Uploading the file completes installation — easy enough.
- This plugin preserves PDF accessibility, and is the only PDF stamping plugin for WordPress to do so
- This plugin only places one watermark, anywhere on the page. It does not accept HTML in the watermark content, and so highly customized styling is less possible. It does not watermark with images.
- This plugin preserves all original PDF metadata
- This plugin does not have RTL capacity
- This plugin offers better control of encryption and passwording, and is thus more secure for your sensitive content
- This plugin allows you to open and manipulate an already-encrypted PDF before customer delivery — as long as you have the owner password (which need not be shared!)
Until late January 2022, this plugin was called “WooStamper.” The name has been changed to avoid infringing on WooCommerce’s trademark of the word “Woo.”
- Watermark all PDF files with the same settings OR set individual, totally unique watermarks per product or even per product variation!
- Optionally password protect PDF files. Choose a password, or set buyer’s email as the password, or use a filter hook to create your desired password (phone, zip code… or get creative with your own PHP). Two levels of passwording standard with PDF: User and Owner. Owner password, which provides total access to a PDF, is set (editable) if encryption is turned on.
- Optionally prevent copying, annotating, or modifying of your PDF files
- Store encrypted PDFs and open them upon delivery to customer for stamping (with owner password)
- Watermark files stored on most remote servers (WooCommerce Amazon S3 Storage plugin also supported)
- Watermark can be moved on the page, allowing for different paper sizes (such as letter, A4, legal, etc)
- Watermarks on portrait and landscape-oriented pages
- Watermarks upon click of either the customer’s order confirmation page link or email order confirmation link
- Dynamic customer data inputs using shortcodes for customer first name, last name, address, email, phone, and order date, timestamp, product name
- Choice of font face, color, size and placement (horizontal line of text anywhere on the page)
- Supports all versions of Adobe PDF (through 1.7)
- Preserves all links in a PDF, internal (such as Table of Contents) and external (web pages, for example).
- Preserves existing PDF metadata
- Preserves existing PDF accessibility features
- Additional dynamic customer data input using shortcodes: business name, order date plus days/weeks/months/years (could be used for product/license expiration dates), order number, product name, and quantity ordered by product ID (could be used to watermark how many of a specific item was purchased)
- Begin watermark on selected page of PDF document (to avoid watermarking a cover page, for example)
- Watermark every page, every odd page, or every even page. Watermark the first page only or the last page only. Choose to start and end watermarking on specific pages.
- Test your watermark and/or manually watermark a file on the fly
- Option to fall back and serve file un-watermarked if watermarking fails, rather than show customer an error
- Built-in event and error logging to help with record-keeping and trouble-shooting
- Optional weekly file cleanup, and/or file recycling to help protect your files and keep your server clean
- Compatible with the third-party “Free Downloads WooCommerce” plugin – shoot out watermarked PDFs straight from the product page!
- Translation ready
- Open source code
- Excellent customer service
- SetaSign Stamper version 2.4 or newer (separate purchase)
- WordPress 5.9 or newer
- WooCommerce 4.0 or newer
- PHP 7.2 or newer
Please read carefully before purchasing, this plugin will be moderately more difficult to setup than most WordPress plugins because it is a bridge, or drop-in plugin, and requires additional (paid) software to function.
- PDF Stamper is not a freestanding plugin. You must also purchase SetaSign Stamper and install. You will be responsible for choosing the correct SetaSign license option for your purpose.
- You may use a 14-day free evaluation copy of SetaPDF Stamper to “try out” the stamping. In order to do that you must have Ioncube functioning on your server and the Seta evaluation license in place.
Installation instructions can be found in the PDF Stamper plugin documentation.